A Bloomfield Hills based real estate firm is seeking to immediately fill the position of Development Manager with a qualified candidate. The position will report directly to the Chief Operating Officer of the Company.
The Development Manager role requires an experienced, self-motivated, aggressive and goal oriented leader who can thrive in a fast-paced collaborative environment. This individual must be capable of driving results with strict adherence to existing process and procedures. The Development Manager will direct the execution of projects under development and/or redevelopment.
- Market analysis including site selection opportunities within a trade area.
- Review and succinctly summarize all zoning, municipal codes and requirements.
- Direct consultants on conceptual design, preparation of preliminary budgets, project schedules and risk analysis on proposed projects.
- Seek proposals, negotiate contracts and manage the activities of consultants hired to perform specific project-related activities including architectural, civil, survey, geotechnical and environmental services.
- Prepare comprehensive market and site presentation materials.
- Research and report on public funds or government policies (City, County, State and Federal) that support proposed projects.
- Manage the site plan approval process as well as support efforts to obtain building permits.
- Monitor select construction activity of projects as well as other site specific activities.
- Maintain active working relationships with City Department Heads, Officials, and Staff.
- Drive process improvements and develop best-in-class methodologies in development diligence and project management.
- Accurately rank opportunities and comprehensively report status of development pipeline activity to senior management.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of retail industry and trends. Seek to obtain latest information by researching trade journals, attending industry conventions and networking.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to think strategically and tactically execute an action plan
- Articulate issues and recommend solutions clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing
- Strong leadership, management, and mentoring skills
- Strong analytical and negotiation skills
- Must thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to lead and work in a growing Team
Minimum Job Requirements:
- BA/BS degree in Engineering, Project Management, Real Estate Development, Construction or related field preferred
- Minimum 3 – 5 years of commercial real estate transaction/development experience preferred
- Ability to interpret zoning/municipal codes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Proven success in a team environment managing multiple projects and priorities
- Proven ability to define objectives, set expectations
- Advanced problem solving, analytical skills and negotiation capabilities
- Overnight travel required
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Project
For consideration, please submit your resume by email to email@example.com with the subject line “Real Estate Development Manager”.