With the hustle and bustle of what our lives have become nowadays, it’s safe to say that most people appreciate a little direction. Most of the time, you read something and you’re waiting to reach the purpose. This is where the call-to-action comes into play. Some companies put this into effect in everything they do, and some not at all.
It’s important to find the right balance. Nobody is going to want to listen to a company who is throwing information at them ALL the time. They want to spend less time reading. This is why you have to get to the point quickly through your call-to-action. Focus their attention on the next step you want your audience to take.
If this is done effectively, your conversations will increase. Here are some tips on how to do this.
1. Determine what you want your prospective clients to do. Break up your activity into smaller steps that make sense to your audience. Make sure to give your readers an offer they want. Consider offering an incentive in the process, like a subscription, discount coupons, and/or free consultations.
2. Create a hook. Readers will be waiting for this, as they ask themselves, “What’s in it for me?” Make sure it’s something that sets you apart from competitors.
3. Motivate prospects to act. Provide some sense of urgency. It’s very easy for customers to click on to the next company.
4. Optimize your call to action. Present your offer in a relevant way, using a consistent voice. Enhance your call-of-action with color, typography and words. However, do not give prospects too many options. While you can present more than one, put them in order of importance. Also, ask participants to share your offer with their social network.
5. Make sure to remain consistent. Use the same wording and graphics to lead the community to the right place. Be precise, don’t throw them off.
6. Measure results. Keep track of what works and doesn’t work when it comes to your social impact.
Whether it’s a phone call, email, blog post, or web page, a call-to-action tells the listener what to do next. Remember, you don’t want to be pushy, but you also don’t want to miss any opportunities to engage. Calls-to-action are a necessary element of any social media marketing. Make sure it’s done right. Call 248.521.2900 or email email@example.com to get started.