A President/Chief Executive Officer position is available for a qualified individual. This is a position at HAVEN of Oakland County.
As Oakland County’s only comprehensive non-profit agency for victims of domestic violence and sexual assault, HAVEN provides shelter, counseling, advocacy and educational programming to nearly 20,000 people each year. HAVEN’s mission is to eliminate sexual assault and domestic violence and to empower survivors through advocacy and social change in and around Oakland County.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the HAVEN President / CEO has overall leadership, strategic, operational, financial, and development responsibilities for the organization. Together, with the Board of Directors, the President / CEO will ensure HAVEN’s reputation and relevance in the community; will accomplish and uphold the organization’s mission, culture and values; and will fulfill the organization’s responsibilities to its diverse constituents. The President / CEO will hold the authority and responsibility to carry out HAVEN’s day-to-day operations in accordance with the direction set by the Board of Directors and in compliance with laws applicable to the operation of a non-profit organization.
Candidates who will be considered for the role will have the following qualifications:
- Proven experience in leading a non-profit organization or closely related leadership role.
- Successful in fundraising and development, reputational management and relationship building.
- Extensive working knowledge of non-profit regulatory requirements, financial management, budgeting and grant writing. Thorough comprehension of domestic violence and sexual assault and its underlying causes.
- Ability to work productively with a Board of Directors, business partners, donors and the various facets of the legal system.
- Master’s degree in business administration, social work or related field.
- Experience in planned giving preferred.
- Candidates who will best fit HAVEN and the responsibilities of the President and CEO position will demonstrate these personal characteristics:
- Natural leadership skills.
- Ability to maintain composure in crisis situations.
- Views the world from a non-judgmental perspective.
- Demonstrates healthy self-assurance and confidence.
- Is truly compassionate toward the diverse populations HAVEN serves and enjoys working in a field where many cultures are represented.
- Has schedule endurance and understands that the agency demands a significant time commitment outside of regular business hours.
The primary responsibilities of the President and CEO position will include:
- Agency Leadership
- Community Relations
- Fundraising and Development
- Financial Management Oversight
- Human Resources Administration
- Board of Director Administration and Support
For consideration, please submit your resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “President/CEO Position”.