A job placement/job developer position is available for a qualified individual. This is a full time (40 hrs/wk) position at United Community Family Services
United Community Family Services/CALC is a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to empowering people in need. We provide programs that guide, support and empower individuals to achieve self-sufficiency with dignity and hope.
MAIN JOB TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide client-specific advice, training, and employment-focused case management services to meet the job-related needs of individual clients.
- Networks with employers to develop potential work opportunities for clients and secure paid employment for referred individuals.
- Conducts vocational assessments by reaching out to employers and matching employer needs with client goals.
- Assists individuals receiving services in searching and interviewing for employment.
- Conducts job preparation classes and presentations regarding employment opportunities.
- Assist clients with resumes
- Facilitate mock interview workshops
- Completes required service documentation reviews, meets regularly with individuals and others to provide needed services and support, and ensures appropriate communication with planning team
- Performs other related duties and activities as require
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in human services related field.
- Minimum one year of career services experience evaluating the employment needs of individuals and providing individual and customized job development and placement.
- Strong counseling and coaching skills.
- Experience in assessing work experience, educational attainment, transferable skills, aptitudes, abilities, needs, interests, readiness for employment, and barriers that hinder employment.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills; possess abilities to work with all levels of employees and diverse populations.
- Arabic / English bilingual preferred.
- Organizing and planning
- Ability to work with diverse populations
- Stress tolerance
- Professional presentation
For consideration, please submit your resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Job Placement/Job Developer Position”.